[PLUG] Getting to runlevel 1 with GRUB

Chris Emery deathfox at moochercrew.org
Sun Sep 8 23:02:14 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 12:41, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   So, I can edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and add the ability? I didn't see that
> on the man page. Would it be something like this?
>
> title single user
>         root (hd0,1)
>         kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-3 ro root=/dev/hda1 single
>
> ?

actually you would edit you /boot/grub/menu.lst unless redhat changed it
from the default.  but other then that, that's exactly what you would
want the entry to look like.  Very useful.

side note, that's how you would add any arguments you want to pass to
the kernel, including such things as hdd=ide-scsi (for atapi emulation)

Chris Emery