[PLUG] On to the next problem: VMware

David Fleck dcf at aracnet.com
Mon Sep 9 00:47:18 UTC 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   It won't cooperate today. I tell it to go ahead and build what it needs
> and it asks for the path to the C library header files. It offers the
> default of /usr/src/linux/include/. I enter '/usr/src/linux/include/linux/'
> to match where the 2.4.18 kernel untarred itself but the config script
> returns an error: "The directory does not contain 'net', 'linux', or 'asm'
> as expected". Those subdirectories are under the path I presented.

Hmmm... on my (admittedly ancient, non-RH) system, I've got:
>$ ls /usr/src/linux/include
asm        asm-generic  asm-mips  asm-sparc    linux     scsi
asm-alpha  asm-i386     asm-ppc   asm-sparc64  math-emu  video
asm-arm    asm-m68k     asm-s390  config       net

so net, asm, and linux are at this level, not at
/usr/src/linux/include/linux.

Is this output from the perl install script?  Is the -w option on? (First
line should look something like #!/usr/bin/perl -w)
It might be helpful to hack the install script to get more diagnostic
info.  I'd be willing to take a stab at it...

--
 David Fleck
 dcf at aracnet.com