[PLUG] VMware and the 2.4.19 kernel

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 10 00:50:04 UTC 2002

  New kernel (2.4.19) booted just fine. Then I tried rebuilding the VMware
modules for this kernel.

  Came up with warnings that malloc.h has been deprecated (!) and slab.h
should be used instead. That didn't seem to bother the script. But, in the
latest version of driver.c, the function 'LinuxDriver_Ioctl' has no member
named 'dumpable'. This caused a fatal error and the vmmon module could not
be built.

  Is anyone here running VMware-2.x on a recent 2.4 kernel? I may have to
buy an upgrade just to run with this kernel.