[PLUG] kernel build errors during install

Jason Dagit dagit at engr.orst.edu
Wed Sep 11 17:31:44 UTC 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I made a backup copy of .config, but in the same directory. Oops! make
> mrproper wiped it out. Then I copied the .config from the working build to

Sorry, I didn't think about that as an issue, because I usually back
them up to /root.  My bad for not mentioning it.

>   I suppose that the next step is to reconfigure without these and see what
> happens.

Yeah, well the nice thing is you know for sure it is a config error,
and not some weird lingering residuals of make.  About 90% of the time
that I see your error it is something that make mrproper will fix.
Bummer.

Good luck,
Jason