[PLUG] Developement rpms

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 11 23:40:05 UTC 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Dirk Ouellette wrote:

> And now once again. How do, get all of the developement rpms off disc 2
> of RedHat 7.3 so I can ./configure? I got the ist 2 RH discs w/o the 3rd
> and had trouble installing till I ignored the developement rpms. I've
> now downloaded the 3rd disc .iso's and will install them, but I need
> xcdroast and can't ./config it w/o the developement rpms.

Dirk,

  You have two options: mount the ISO image as a loopback device or burn it
on a cd-r first. You can use 'cdrecord' without xcdroast (man cdrecord) and
it works just as well.

  Xcdroast is a GUI front end to mkisofs and cdrecord. It's nice but not
necessary. I can pass you the command line I've been using and it works very
well.