[PLUG] Mouse problems w/ XFree on Debian Laptop

Rogan Creswick creswick at cs.orst.edu
Thu Sep 12 18:03:58 UTC 2002

What kind of mouse are you using?

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 09:16:52AM -0700, Ben Prew wrote:

> So, my questions are:
>
> 1.  Is there some setting I am missing?  Maybe something Redhat
> installed by default that debian didn't?
>
> 2.  Is X4.1.0.1 the latest debian package?  I noticed x4.2.1 was out on
> www.xfree86.org.  I did an apt-get update XFree86.  How can I tell what
> version of X has been .deb'ed?

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
is prabably the easiest way to ensure X is at the latest version. I think
you are there though.

> 3.  I am assuming that X is turning off GPM... could this be a possible
> problem or conflict?

X does not turn off gpm, and that may be causing trouble. (try it and see).
There was a thread recently about gdm.. new.pdxlinux.org/search should help
you find it.

-Rogan