[PLUG] dosemu & wine

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 12 21:36:33 UTC 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Galen Seitz wrote:

> "I'm not dead!"

   ... just resting.

> BTW, the latest versions of Freedos have a working network redirector.
> This was the only thing preventing me from wiping Microsoft off my box
> entirely.  I hope to try it soon.  If it works, my MSDOS image will be
> history.

  Stay tuned for details at 11. My PC-DOS image is sitting on a hard drive
on the file cabinet now. I'll have a go at Freedos and let you know how it
works.

> I recently tried to install some Windows-hosted cross tools using Wine.
> Unfortunately, the installer (InstallShield, I think) need stdole32.tlb,
> and wine doesn't have a native version of it.  I would need to have
> licensed version of W95 or W98 to legally use Microsoft's file.

  Bummer! Is there a way to copy the files from the cdrom to a vfat
partition and install from there? Or, is it the same problem regardless?

Thanks,