[PLUG] Tom's Root Boot floppy - Hard drive backup over the network?

Sean, Sharon and Kyle Harbour sharbours at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 05:44:52 UTC 2002

Has anyone on the list got any practical experience with using Toms
Root Boot floppy to copy large amounts of data over the network? I'd
like to use it to backup and restore copys of hard drives at work.
The included NFS client is simple to use, but has been unreliable for
me when copying over a gig of files at a time. Any tips? I'd like to
be able to replace Norton Ghost with dd piped through gzip over NFS
through a Toms Root Boot disk.  Has anybody had success with this?

Sean Harbour