[PLUG] How to remove module loading attempt?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 14 13:56:59 UTC 2002

  I keep seeing this message in /var/log/messages:

Sep 12 19:07:21 appl-ecosys modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-14
Sep 12 19:07:21 appl-ecosys last message repeated 5 times

  There's another one, too; I think it's char-minor-10.

  Anyway, I know that when the kernel reports difficulty trying to load a
named module that does not exist, I can alias that name to blank in
/etc/modules.conf. So, how do I figure out here what's going on and then how
do I resolve this modprobe issue?

Thanks,