[PLUG] DSL modem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 16 13:02:13 UTC 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Carla Schroder wrote:

> I am not happy with the performance of the Fujitsu modem that came with my
> Verizon DSL account. I lose connectivity on a regular basis, 3-4 times per
> week. Unplugging/ plugging in the modem restores it.
>
> I am certain it is the modem, I've had my ISP and Verizon test the circuits,
> including my house wiring.

Carla,

  I had the first Fujitsu modem fail and Verizon replaced it for me. Once I
had continuing slow transfer rates and a tech came out, tested the lines,
fiddled with the connections at the box on the wall and next to the
sidewalk, then had the C.O. fix things on their end. All's been well ever
since.

  Most of my connection problems have been at the C.O. (e.g., not pushing in
the board far enough for it to seat properly) or the network. But, it's been
quite rare and Verizon's been very good at trouble shooting and fixing the
problems. My location is near the end of the accepted distance from the C.O.
(which in my case is near downtown Gresham, apparently).

  Could it be old or bad wiring between you and the C.O.?

Sorry you're having these troubles,