[PLUG] cfengine interest?

Steve Beattie steve at wirex.net
Tue Sep 17 02:12:54 UTC 2002

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 06:10:59PM -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> I can certainly provide a real-world overview of cfengine. As to
> isconf and maelstrom, I just don't have the time to learn them well
> enough to provide a public analysis. Sorry.

Sure, I just thought it might give you an excuse to look at them a little
bit :-), or at least talk with someone who has (I know Marion at OGI
is on the infrastructures/isconf list). But I'd appreciate any sort of
"how to use cfengine in the real world" talk, as figuring out how to
apply cfengine to even something as simple as my home network has been
perennially on my todo list.

I'd also be interested in hearing how well cfengine plays with package
management tools like rpm and dpackage and where you break down the
control between the two tools.

--
Steve Beattie                               Don't trust programmers?
<steve at wirex.net>                         Complete StackGuard distro at