[PLUG] VMware network problem defined

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 17 03:46:02 UTC 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:

> I've only had problems when I've upgraded and my smbpasswd and/or
> smb.conf file get saved off and some non-functional replacements from
> the install media are installed in their place.

Tony,

  BINGO! That's what happened. What used to be in /etc/smbpasswd and
/etc/smbusers are now in /etc/samba/smb*.

  It must be in one of the share statements that the virtual win98 is
picking up the network drive called "\\salmo\\winstuff" to try to map to
it's e:\ drive. But, it cannot find the former. _I_ know it as
/mnt/usr2/winstuff and I haven't yet found the mapping to \\salmo\\winstuff.

  Any ideas?

Thanks,