[PLUG] VMware network problem defined

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Tue Sep 17 04:16:28 UTC 2002

I guess I'm fuzzy on this...Are you talking VMWare or Samba? For a Samba
share you would have a section labeled [winstuff] in your smb.conf file
that would indicate the path on the server where the share resides.

Since it sounds like you have a newer version of Samba installed, have
you move your existing /etc/smb.conf into the /etc/samba directory?
You would also need to either shutdown and restart your Samba service or
send the "smbd" process a SIGHUP signal to get it to reread your
smb.conf file once you have moved your existig file into the proper
location.

Tony