[PLUG] Debian-like distro (with actual hardware detection) - does it exist?

John Hampton John.Hampton at gijoes.com
Tue Sep 17 18:32:42 UTC 2002

Josh said:
>I don't remember where, but I thought I read something about a Linux
>distro that was based on Debian, including the wonderful apt-get system,
>the major difference being that it would automatically detect all of
>your hardware accurately

I think you might be thing about Progeny.  It did all that nice stuff :)  However, it is no longer being developed.  Here is a link to a beta version of the progeny install for use with debian woody.  I haven't tried it out myself, so I can't tell you how well it works, but it might be worth a try.
http://people.pdxlinux.org/~karlheg/woody-beta-20020619-i386.iso

John Hampton
Programmer Analyst
G.I. Joe's, Inc.