[PLUG] rpm-4.1 released

Jon Jacob jon at manymoons.net
Wed Sep 18 16:31:03 UTC 2002

Interestingly, I went to take your advice.  Up2Date reported that the
redhat site was busy so I went to rpm.org to get the appropriate rpms to
update rpm (say that 10 times fast) and saw an rpm for popt.

Now, recently (if you had not read my post from a few days ago) my
machine did not reboot successfully after updating a few things.  I
thought maybe it was Apache and/or OpenSSL but I had also updated RPM
via the RedHat up2date mechanism.  The error messages on the failed
reboot reported that libpopt was missing (although it was there).  I
could not figure it out, so I upgraded to RH7.3 and all is fine.

So, I am nervous about updated RPM if this messing with popt as well.

Mostly though, I am curious what libpopt is and why it screwed up my
machine.