[PLUG] Timezone problem -- still

Jon Jacob jon at manymoons.net
Wed Sep 18 20:09:07 UTC 2002

I am not sure this is related, but when I upgraded to RH7.3 something
about the timezone broke.

I get this message upon boot:

timezone: /etc/rc3.d/S10timezone: nls: command not found
timezone: /etc/rc3.d/S10timezone: run_cmd: command not found

I used timeconfig to set the time zone which appeared to correct it but
my cron jobs still ran like they were on GMT.

Last night, I used timetool to correct the problem after another reboot
and synch up the time server with ntpd.

I didn't see the usual cron job from early this morning, so I suspect
the cron will run at 9:30 instead of 3:30 (for example).

Not sure if all that helps, but I think if one of us solves our problem
it will at least hint at the others solution.