[PLUG] 2 NICs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 18 21:49:07 UTC 2002

On 18 Sep 2002, Chris Emery wrote:

> Ok, so I booted with DrDos and used the dos setup program.  The good
> news is that within the program it appears that both NICs work.  The bad
> news is that in linux it still doesn't work, in the exact same manner.
>
> Any other ideas?

  This is an idea. It is only an idea. If it was a real solution it would
come with no disclaimers.

  I have 2 NetGear NICS in my firewall box. Both the same model number, both
almost identical. However, only 1 uses the tulip driver; the other one is
slightly different. PITA, but that's what happened. Perhaps this is what
happened to you, too.