[PLUG] 2 NICs

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Wed Sep 18 22:08:49 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 14:47, Chris Emery wrote:
> Ok, so I booted with DrDos and used the dos setup program.  The good
> news is that within the program it appears that both NICs work.  The bad
> news is that in linux it still doesn't work, in the exact same manner.

Does the setup program have the ability to hard-set the IRQ and I/O?
These values could then be used to load the modules with the appropriate
settings, kind of forcing the issue.  I've also seen it where identical
cards needed two separate modules to load, in that case, I just copied
the one module to a file with a different name, then had the kernel load
both modules.

HTH

Derek Loree