Fw: [PLUG] OT: Databases

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Thu Sep 19 22:09:22 UTC 2002

> 1.  Remove all non-word characters, leaving only letters, numbers, and
> underscores.
> 2.  Lower case all letters.
> 3.  Join the fields in List A into one field and make them hash keys.
> 4.  Iterate over List B and check for existence in List A.  If it exists,
> stuff into an array.
>
> The following quick, dirty, and untested code (in Perl) should give you an
> idea of what I mean:

<snip>

Oops!  There was a bug in my code.  Creating the $data key in the second
while loop should only use the fields defined in List A.  The second while
loop should define data as follows:

    my $data = join '', @{$csv->fields}[0..4];

Also, my heuristic was a general case that should catch *most* of that
matches, but that greatly depends on the data.

Cheers,
Curtis