[PLUG] WINE Question

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Sep 19 22:23:54 UTC 2002

    Is there a good way for a Windows program to check to see if it
is running in Wine instead of running on native Windows?

    I know this seems like a silly question, but I need to know.

    I was thinking that since Wine runs in the Linux file system
it could look for linux files in root, but it doesn't this doesn't
look promising.  Wine lets you map these files out.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group