Of course, silly. (Re: [PLUG] c++ stl docs in Debian?)

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Thu Sep 19 23:39:23 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 12:18, Eric House wrote:
> I'm trying to find my way around some STL (standard template library)
> C++ code for the first time.  When I encounter unfamiliar stdlib
> functions (printf, select, etc.) a simple 'man printf' gives me info
> about them.  Does anybody know if there's a Debian package that will
> do the same for STL, and if so what it is?

Visit:

http://www.pdxlinux.org/dc/

And enter "template" in the search box at the bottom of the left panel.

The "/dc/" URL is provided by the "doc-central" package and "doc-base".
The STL documentation you'll find there is provided by the (drum roll
please) "stl-manual" package.  You don't need to use a web server and
doc-central to access that STL manual on localhost; you can always get
to it directly via a file:// URL.

You will also find that the "devhelp" books and/or the *-doc packages (
in particular, the libc-doc) contain usefully available documentation.
Try "devhelp" and see if you like it, and also try "info libc" once as
well.