[PLUG] WINE Question

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Fri Sep 20 18:44:04 UTC 2002

On 19 Sep 2002, Russell Senior wrote:

> Rich>   Wine runs on a linux fs, but I believe that the application
> Rich> and data need to be on a vfat (type 6) fs.
>
> I don't think so.  I just recently ran my first ever Wine application,
> a MS Fortran application written at BPA.

No, wine runs just fine with everything on a Linux file system like
ext2, ext3, or reiserfs.  I haven't used wine very much, but the few
applications I have used with wine have either not ran at all or
else ran quite well.

MS Fortran!!  This was Micro Soft's somewhat successful attempt to
kill a great language.  MS Fortran is the buggiest compiler I've
ever used.  I guess Micro Soft has never had much use for mathematics
or science.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist