[PLUG] WINE Question

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Sep 21 00:20:12 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Dagit <dagit at engr.orst.edu> writes:

Russell> The problem factors nicely, essentially a bunch of
Russell> independent random walks, which made the distributed
Russell> architecture particularly attractive.  All the master needs
Russell> to send the slave is the geometry (a set of surfaces and a
Russell> starting point), and all the slave needs to send the master
Russell> is the number of times the random walks terminated on each
Russell> surface.

Jason> Are you working on Navier-Stokes?  I know someone that is using
Jason> that approach...

No, it is an electric field and/or space potential calculation.
Solving analytically for complex geometry (like a transmission tower)
is a bitch.  Monte Carlo to the rescue (sort of).

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more