[PLUG] List Problems

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Sep 23 23:29:42 UTC 2002

Richard Seymour wrote:

> I haven't been receiving PLUG posts for the last day and a half. I have
> reached the archives and confirmed that messages have been posted.

You're not the only one. I've seen maybe six emails to this list since
Wednesday of last week.

And Richard Langis wrote:

> It seems to be working...  Since you're using spamcop, have you checked
> to see if perhaps the plug mail is getting circular-filed?

Maybe not. Agora uses Spamassassin, but it's setup only to make a change
to the subject line *if* a user has configured procmail to pipe it thru
SA.

>From I've learned on this end, pdxlinux.org is having transient DNS
issues; I assume that some of the mailservers here only accept email if
it can do a reverse lookup on the sender. If pdlinux.org sends out an
email, & the DNS lookup fails, the email gets discarded. If it happens
a lot, the result is no mail.

I've sent a report to Dave, who's forwarded it to Karl. Now for someone
to either fix DNS on pdxlinux.org, or for the rest of us to use the
news gateway to access the PLUG list.

(Now where did I put that documentation on slrnpull . . . )

Geoff