[PLUG] Address list causes problems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 24 12:47:11 UTC 2002

  This message was posted to the mailhelp list, too, and I'm looking for a
quick resolution of the problem.

  I'm running postfix-1.1.11 on RH 7.3 (2.4.19 kernel). Since the upgrade at
the beginning of this month, mail sent to me as part of a list of addressees
is bounced by my header_checks. At least, I assume so because the reason
given for the rejection is "subject" and that's only in header_checks. This
happens from four or five distinct originators. None of the messages has a
word found in header_checks. Messages from these individuals to me alone
always makes it through.

  When I send mail to multiple addressees, including one address that is
alphabetically at the head of every list, that address is rejected going
out. Again, an individual message causes no problems.

  Has anyone any ideas what might be causing this? Better yet, suggestions
to fix the problem for good would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,