[PLUG] Now THIS is funny.

Richard Langis richard.langis at sun.com
Tue Sep 24 16:53:23 UTC 2002

This morning I'm going through the admin interface to the PLUG list,
trying to see if I can't get a handle on Richard Seymour's email
problems.  I check the blocked mail interface to see if anything
interesting is in there, and reject a bunch of spam, let a couple of
non-subscribed mails through, and find something from someone
threatening legal action against PLUG.  Eh?

So I check out the link that this guy supposedly says exists, and I
can't find *anything* on the plug website pointing back to his site.  So
I do a google search on 'pdxlinux teambooks' - teambooks being where
this guy says he's from.  I get ONE hit on the plug archive:
http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/2002-July/006501.html

In short - a message from Sandy Herring outlining how he was spammed by
these guys 48 times.  And now they have the gall to think that they can
claim legal action against a non-profit for whatever they think WE did
wrong (by archiving a public email?).  Anyway, I'll leave the legal
mumbo-jumbo to the 'real' admins, but I thought this would be worth a
chuckle.

Here's the mail: