[PLUG] gl graphics fault

todd.sarratt todd.sarratt at attbi.com
Wed Sep 25 02:48:03 UTC 2002

I am running an HP Omnibook2100 laptop with debian3.0.  I am trying to draw lines on my screen.  I can get vgadrawline() to work no problem.  But I need to draw a lot of lines and the man pages indicate that gl_line is much quicker.  However, anytime I execute a gl_xxx command that writes to the screen (gl_setpixel, gl_line, etc).  I get this :

svgalib: Signal 11: Segmentation fault received.

The line right before my gl_line statement is

vga_setpage(0);

I don't really understand what this does, I haven't found very good documentation for it.  I'm just of the impression that it's needed for gl_line.  Commenting it out doesn't fix the problem, however...

I would paste my C code but I only have mail set up on my Windows machine.  If you need the code I can type it in but it's pretty basic.  This happens both in 320x200x256 and 640x480x256.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Todd