[PLUG] python apache problem solved...

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Wed Sep 25 06:14:17 UTC 2002

A while back I asked for some help to get my python scripts to run on
Apache as CGI.  Well, after banging my head againts the screen and on the
monitor my head started to hurt.

Then, I finally got a script to run but others would not.  Well the secret
was revealled.

I had transferred the python scripts from windows.  When I edited in VIM
they looked great and all.  Little did I know that VIM was trying to be
smarter then me.  It removed all the ^M's and I thought the file was fine.
 This is where my last headache comes from.  VIM being a little too
cleaver for me.  I later found out that when I first open the file VIM
will tell me about what it is and saves it back out as that unless I
change the format.

Was a long time to learn and very annoying.  I see the advantages but use
to VI where DOS files are easy to spot. I hope this helps someone else
save that unicorn stylish look. ;-)

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Josh