[PLUG] Best Dual Athlon MoBo for Linux server?

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Sep 25 18:53:19 UTC 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Alex Daniloff wrote:

> Hello Linux folkz,
> Our eng. dept. found some money to build
> a new file, database and local intranet server
> for 24x7 operations.
> Could you please share your
> personal/professional experience
> on what is the best dual Athlon
> motherboard on the market in terms
> of stability and performance?

I have heard that Tyan is the brand of choice for many people who build
servers or other systems where reliability is a primary criteria.  For my
latest system (about six months old) I went with the Tyan Tiger MP S2460,
though I'm currently running it with dual Durons rather than Athlons as a
cost saving measure.  I have had no problems with it.