[PLUG] Transparent xvkbd

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Wed Sep 25 22:59:40 UTC 2002

All;

I am working on a thin touchpad device that has a keyboard overlay printed on it's surface. The advantage of this is that it can be used as a multi-purpose device; it is useful as a keyboard, mouse, and sketchpad.

To do this, I would like to use xvkbd. Xvkbd is a virtual keyboard that prints a virtual keyboard on the screen. It will type to a focused window as you press the keys with your mouse.

I would like to do this without the keyboard printed on the screen. By that I mean, ``Okay, if you receive a touch on 00-05x X 00-05y than print an `a.'

The system does not necessarily need to use xvkbd. It can be anything that is capable of mapping a position range on the touchpad to an ASCII code to the keyboard controller.

Best,
Cooper Stevenson        |cooper at metasource.us
UNIX/Linux Consultant   |PH: (541)791-1322
MetaSource Technologies |www.metasource.us