[PLUG] FW: Building new pc

lemming at attbi.com lemming at attbi.com
Wed Sep 25 23:13:38 UTC 2002

Carla Schroder wrote:
> I rely on the gang at Pacific Solutions for good
> advice.

The first time I went to Pacific Solutions was Monday.
Quickest service I'd ever had and very good advice.
(Power supply and a couple fans.)

I'm in the middle of building a system based off the
Soyo Dragon Ultra, P4 based.  Ti4200 AGP card.  Very
nice.  Loaded Redhat 7.3 no problems.  Though that was
just a test, Gentoo is what I'm playing with.  Though
it's having problems with the network. I can see the
system produce traffic, but the system doesn't receive.
Even tried plugging in different NICs.  Haven't had a
chance to try the livecd on another machine to isolate
the problem a bit further.  Maybe more on this later.

-Mark