[PLUG] Re: FW: Building new pc

mcintoshrt at attbi.com mcintoshrt at attbi.com
Thu Sep 26 19:26:05 UTC 2002

I had been using the FA311 with FreeBSD 4.3.  The driver
included with that version of FreeBSD had problems with
100 Mbs transfer (stalled).  I would imagine the latest
version of FreeBSD has resolved this, but instead I
swapped out the card with an Intel 82557-based NIC.

The FA311 seems to work like gangbusters for Windows OSs
and Redhat or Caldera distros.

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 15:08, Jim Webb wrote:

> also was curious about ... Netgear FA 311.
=20
> Jim

I'm using a Netgear FA311 on Libranet right now with no
troubles. I have
also used the same card on RH7.2, RH7.3, Mdk8.1 with no
problems. I did
have problems with Debian 3.0, but I had hardware
problems all across
the board with Debian 3.0.

-josh zeckser