[PLUG] Checking ink levels for Epson C80

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 27 00:34:37 UTC 2002

I discovered that the HP Business Inkjet I'm using supports RFC1759, which
is the Printer MIB.  There's all kinds of good stuff in here, but the most
interesting are:

prtMarkerLifeCount.1.[1-4]
--------------------------
Number of pages printed by each "prtMarker",
in the case of this printer, number of pages printed with each ink
color.  They're always equal.

prtMarkerSuppliesMaxCapacity.1.[1-4]
Number of tenths of mL each ink cartridge holds.  (The units, 0.1 mL in
this case, are stored in "prtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnit")

prtMarkerSuppliesLevel.1.[1-4]
This is the actual ink level, again in tenths of mL.

Now I just need to get MRTG set up to plot all these...

Why?  Because it can!  ;-)

  -- Steve