[PLUG] OS X and SMB

Kelly Guimont verso at mac.com
Fri Sep 27 18:46:47 UTC 2002

Ooh! Ooh! This one I know! Depending on how you're trying to set up the
connection, osx already has a built in samba client. If you want to connect
to the osx machine as a server, you need to install Samba Server (which you
can find at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xamba/ ), which I know hides
the mac specific files (.DS_Store, anyone?) with a little checkbox option.

Is anyone interested in a how-to on this? I know a lot about it, having set
up my Mac as a fileserver (via samba) so my husband's Wintendo could connect
to it. I don't see a lot of osx questions around here, is it because
nobody's using it or just that everyone's a Darwin master and doesn't have a
need to talk about it? Hmmm...

-Kelly

Would it help if I got out and pushed? It might!