[PLUG] Problems Installing Linux on WinNT disk

Benjamin Prew bprew at logiccloud.com
Sat Sep 28 22:45:44 UTC 2002

I went through this process recently using XP and Linux.  Here's what I
did...

1. Downloaded the trial version of PartitionMagic from
www.powerquest.com

2. Changed the size of the NTFS partition

3. Installed Linux (Debian)

This not only kept my install of XP intact, but installing Debian went
off without a hitch.  I poked around a bit on sf.net and freshmeat.net
and didn't really see anything that would split NTFS file systems... but
that doesn't mean there isn't anything, just that I didn't find it :)