[PLUG] mailman

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Sun Sep 29 14:14:34 UTC 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Mike Witt wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to find out about mailman. It appears to be
> running on my system (/var/log/mailman is full of empty "error" file)
> and unless I need it for some reason I'd like to turn it off.

Here are the files that might contain Mailman-related stuff:

* /etc/aliases or its moral equivalent on your system
* root's crontab or, perhaps, in one of the /etc/cron.*/ directories
* Apache's httpd.conf

Once you're rid of Mailman stuff in those places, then you can safely
remove the Mailman package from your system.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>