[PLUG] Apt-get

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Sep 30 22:54:31 UTC 2002

Dirk Ouellette wrote:

> If I put <ftp://rufus.w3.org/linux/redhat/8.0/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/>
> , or any other RedHat mirror in my  /etc/apt/sources.list , can I have
> apt-get download all the rpms available on that page. That is, all the
> RH 8.0 rpms, then run rpm -Uvh all of them? I'm running the updated
> 7.3 now.

I've used autorpm for this with previous updates. However, I don't know
if it would work with 8.0.

Make sure to have a backup of your data before trying this. You may end
up with a non-functional system.

Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online
http://www.dimstar.net

Random thought #8 (Collect all 17)
"Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong." - Peter T. McIntyre