[PLUG] imap

Michael H.Collins mike at linuxlink.com
Fri Sep 27 20:34:56 UTC 2002

I sent this the other day and it never made it to the list AFAIK.  I
hope this one does.  I will cc to one of you pluggers too.  Rich, will
you let me know when you get it?  thanks.

I am having a heck of a time with imap.  I had pop up and running fine.
Then I set evolution to check imap mail.  It logs in and acts right just
gets no mail.  Everything I read said it would use /var/spool/mail/user
.   I have mail sitting in there.  The docs also say I do not need any
imaprc but it says to recompile to change features.  Since this is a rpm
for redhat, I would think it was compiled correctly.

Where does imap look for mail as default in imap-2001.  If not
/var/spool/mail, then should I make a imaprc?  I could also tell postfix
to put the mail somewhere else too if that would better.  Any pointers
would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead.

--
Michael H. Collins 		Admiral, Penguinista Navy      (o_
http://www.mdrconsult.com	http://www.lrsehosting.com/    //\