[PLUG] Redhat 9 Source discs

Petcher, Danielx J danielx.j.petcher at intel.com
Tue Apr 1 14:15:02 UTC 2003

SourceForge carried this news story this morning. I don't know whether
they're just serving-up installation ISO's, or whether they've got the whole
magilla.

*   <http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/03/31/1256236> Snag the Red Hat 9
ISOs, via Cash or BitTorrent
Red Hat Linux 9 is out, and as of today the ISOs are
<http://www.redhat.com/mktg/rh9iso/> officially available to Red Hat Network
subscribers ($60/yr). Or, as of right now, you can
<http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/rh9.html> grab the same ISOs using
BitTorrent. For those unfamiliar with this free/Free P2P download protocol,
an introduction follows, written by ololiuhqui. Update: 03/31 23:45 GMT by
<http://jamie.mccarthy.vg/> J: After roughly four hours, BitTorrent has
transferred over 500 full copies of all 3 ISOs, and a total of over 1.5 TB,
at 170 Mbytes/sec. Thanks to the more than 3000 people who helped each other
download the data, and especially to the more than 200 who got full copies
and still have their clients open, to keep serving data to everyone else :)

-djp

http://folding.stanford.edu - the brain you save may be your own!