[PLUG] How do I stop people from posting?

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Wed Apr 2 10:33:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:24:05AM -0800, Neil wrote:

> > moderated = 0
> >
> > member_posting_only = 0
> >
> > posters = [ 'me at home', 'myFriend at hisHouse']
> >

> I do not have root on this machine as it is my ISPs machine. Is there a
> way to do this through the Web interface? Thanks.

The web interface and command line interfaces are identical in function
but usually named slightly differently.  I don't use the web interface
much, if at all, so I couldn't tell you exactly where it is...

Okay, log into the admin interface for the list.

Must posts be approved by an administrator   No

Restrit posting privilege to list members    No

Addresses of members accepted for posting...  me at home myFriend at hisHouse

Try that and see what happens:

Colin