[PLUG] Procmail, Sendmail, Spamassassin and forwarding

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Apr 2 13:15:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Russell F. Davis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to admit that I am a Microsoft Engineer, but I’m slowing getting over
> it ;)

Nice.  Would be a great signature block.

> How might this situation be remedied so that inbound messages are analyzed
> by SpamAssassin prior to being forwarded to Exchange?

There was a couple of threads about this on the Spamassassin list.  I
think they were completely bypassing any need for forwards.  The
Spamassassin box accepted mail for the domain, processed it then passed it
onto the exchange server.
   The Spammassassin-talk list is hosted at sourceforge.  I'd hope a quick
search would turn up the thread(s).

Rod