[PLUG] HB2892 Made The Oregonian

Steven A. Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Fri Apr 4 08:58:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 08:20, Cooper Stevenson wrote:
> Friends,
>
> Here's a link from the Oregonian about our hearing yesterday!
>
> http://www.oregonlive.com/business/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/business/1049461116217020.xml
>
> I will have a report for you later this morning.

It looks like the expected amendments are getting applied to HB2892.
This is encouraging as it stands a much greater chance of passing if it
doesn't force the state to raise taxes to fund the removal of all MS,
IBM, SunOS and SCO applications that are installed in Oregon's extensive
inventory. As we can all probably imagine, rewriting all "proprietary"
apps to POSIX spec and standard libraries would have a dramatic
budgetary impact on all of us.

--
Steven A. Adams <stevea at nwtechops.com>