[PLUG] UML command line for console on a remote box

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Apr 6 13:20:03 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Stafford" == Stafford A Rau <srau at rauhaus.org> writes:

Stafford> I had the same problem, and figured out that my uml root_fs
Stafford> inittab was trying to spawn gettys on ttys that didn't
Stafford> exist. You can confirm that by loopback mounting your
Stafford> root_fs on your host machine, something like:

Stafford> mount -o loop /usr/local/uml/root_fs /mnt

Yeah, that's what I did to "fix" it.  In my case, I just commented out
all the ttys and made sshd work instead.

Stafford> Then you can "tail /mnt/var/log/messages", and that should
Stafford> show you what is wrong.

Ah yeah.  I'll investigate further.

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more