[PLUG] DNS inside/outside configuration?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Apr 6 16:02:02 UTC 2003

In playing with user-mode linux, I've been thinking about how to
configure my name servers.  In the past, I've run two separate servers
on two separate machines, one for "outside" with the public IPs and
another one for servicing the inside machines and giving "inside"
answers to queries.

I'd rather stick to one physical machine these days, since I lost my
airconditioning.  Question I am pondering is whether to use the
Bind9's view feature, or run a user-mode linux on the same physical
machine to serve the inside machines.  Opinions?

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more