[PLUG] DNS inside/outside configuration?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Apr 6 17:41:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Derek" == Derek Loree <drl at drloree.com> writes:

Derek> The only real drawback that I've come across using user-mode is
Derek> the lack of control over the user-mode by the host kernel.  I
Derek> can't figure out a way to have the host shutdown the user-mode
Derek> when the host gets the halt or reboot command.

  ssh -l root uml-host-ip /sbin/halt

If the host can secure shell to uml's root without a password
(i.e. with appropriate uml /root/.ssh/authorized_keys), that seems to
work.  Then just have that in the "stop" portion of your
/etc/init.d/uml-foo script, just like you start and stop other
services.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more