[PLUG] redhat on RISC?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sun Apr 6 21:19:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 20:20, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> I'm going to show my ignorance here.
>
> I don't know what most of these designations are. Ate they architectures?

Yes:
  axp = DEC Alpha
  ia64 = Itanium, Intel's 64-bit CPU
  ppc = PowerPC, a RISC chip co-developed by Apple and IBM, in the
        family of IBM's POWER architecture
  s390 = IBM Mainframe, S/390, now called the zSeries
  SPARC = Sun's architecture; actually the 32-bit is a standardized
          architecture, ratified by one of the big standards orgs (OSI
          or ANSI maybe?)

> It's for and old HP9000 with a DX370 160MHz cpu.

An HP-9000 is a PA-RISC processor; I dunno if there are any current
distros for it.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *
*   My GPG key recently expired.  It's updated on the key    *
*   servers.  Please update if you're using GPG/PGP.         *