[PLUG] Re: [lug] Audio -> MP3

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Mon Apr 7 10:31:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:

> All,
>
> I need to convert an audio cassette tape to MP3. What's the best way to
> do this?

You might look into "gramofile" it is intended to be used with records and
tapes, provides mechanisms for enhancing the captured audio and automatic
detection and splitting out of individual tracks.  I don't recall if it
generates MP3's directly, but that can be easily handled with a shell
script if not.  One warning, it appears to be broken when run on SMP
systems.