[PLUG] Re: Listing Linux Users

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Apr 7 20:30:02 UTC 2003

>> I think I must learn this awk, that's a lot simpler than what I've
>> been messing with.

Steven> O'Reilly press "sed & awk" it's part of the UNIX Power Tools
Steven> series.  The book retails for 29.95 but I bet you can find it
Steven> used at Powell's for a better price. It's a good place to
Steven> start.

In addition to the freely available documentation, I've been using the
original _The Awk Programming Language_, by Aho, Kernigan and
Weinberger for years.  It's probably the book I take off the shelf
most often.  I'm somewhat flabbergasted that Amazon wants $57 for it
these days.  It must have been about $20 when I bought it new 15 years
ago.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more