[PLUG] apt-get upgrade

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Apr 7 20:39:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Dirk" == Dirk Ouellette <hapibeli at attbi.com> writes:

Dirk> How do I get apt to ignore the upgrades , kernel-uml and
Dirk> kernel-doc during a -u upgrade?  Dirk

Put a hold on those packages.

  # aptitude hold kernel-uml kernel-doc

ought to work, if you've got aptitude.  If not, you can do it in
dselect, but I am not sure there is a command-line that does it for
dpkg or apt-get.  Maybe I'm wrong.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more