[PLUG] Apache Questions

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Apr 8 08:53:01 UTC 2003

* Mike De La Mater <mikedela at ipns.com> [2003-04-08 08:43]:
> There are actually a few steps to making this work, like making aliases
> to your Ethernet interface that respond to the new IP addresses.
>
> Can you browse the webs directly by IP? Can you ping the IP from
> somewhere else?

You don't "need" additional ip addresses for domains. I have two domains
(dimstar.net and undernet.us) both pointed at my one ip address.

In addition, I have several subdomains (mail.dimstar.net,
www.dimstar.net, ldp.dimstar.net, oregon.undernet.us) that are all
pointing at the same IP as the main domain name.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #6 (Collect all 18)
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is still my own." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe